This program is designed for dedicated string and piano students of an high-intermediate to advanced level of training through age 21. Applications will also be entertained from advanced flute, clarinet, and oboe players with exceptional ensemble skills. Tuition for 2024 is $825.
Please see the required auditon excerpts to determine if the level is right for your student.
PSE camp is June 24-29, 2024, 9am to 4pm daily with lunch included.
To register, fill out the following online forms:
- PSE Registration Application
- Medical Form
- Teacher Recommendation
- Optional: Financial Aid Application (online) or Financial Aid Form (printable)
Mail printable financial aid applications to:
Metropolitan Youth Symphony
ATTN: Portland Summer Ensembles
4800 S Macadam Ave, Suite 105
Portland, OR 97239
All materials and the non-refundable $40 application fee must be received by February 23, 2024.
Students will be selected on the basis of video auditions. Submission instructions for your video audition will be sent via automated email after the application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you do not see this automated email after submitting your application. If you are unable to submit a video audition, please complete the registration process and check the box at the end of the application form that indicates you need an alternate way to audition and you will be contacted by the PSE staff. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about applying.
- Students should prepare one short piece, or a concerto or sonata movement.
- Please record your answers to the following questions at the beginning or end of your audition video. If you like, you can submit a second video with the answers to the questions below .
- 1.What do you hope to get out of your time with PSE?
- 2. What do you like most about playing your instrument?
- 3. What is your favorite music to listen to?
- Students should also prepare all of the excerpts for their instrument (unless a choice is indicated).
Follow this link for more information about auditions.