PSE COVID-19 Protocols
The following protocols have been established to create the safest possible environment for the Portland Summer Ensembles community for the 2022 session and will help to ensure an uninterrupted and high-quality musical experience for our students.
We look forward to returning to our normal way of operating as soon as possible.
PSE staff, artistic team, volunteers, and students are required to be fully vaccinated with the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines to attend Portland Summer Ensembles. If eligible, booster shots are also required. Please provide proof of full vaccination or proof of vaccination including booster shots if eligible to PSE by March 31st. If a student becomes eligible and receives a booster shot after March 31st, please update the students vaccination record.
Proof of vaccination may be a photo of your vaccination card, or documentation from your doctor. Upload your vaccination documentation via the PSE Medical Form upon applying. You may also mail a copy to the MYS office at 4800 S Macadam Ave, Ste 105 Portland, OR 97239, or email a photo of the vaccination record to firstname.lastname@example.org, but it must be received by March 31st.
Vaccination exceptions exist for medical or religious reasons. Please contact Diana Scoggins, Executive Director, at email@example.com with your request for exemption. Exempted students must take a COVID test and email a photo of a negative result to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24hrs of July 11th in order to attend camp. Home tests or tests (rapid or PCR) administered by a health provider are both acceptable.
Masks and Social Distancing
- Masks are required for all large group indoor activities at PSE such as Rhythm Class, Concerts, or Masterclasses, even if you are vaccinated. Students may decide with their ensembles and coaches whether to mask during their rehearsals or when they perform.
- PSE will have a limited number of masks at rehearsal available for student use.
- Social distancing of at least 3 feet is required at all PSE activities. We will set up chairs accordingly for rehearsals.
- When students arrive at camp each day, they will also note/acknowledge that that they are not experiencing COVID symptoms (a list of symptoms will be visible for students to review).
- PSE will ensure surfaces are cleaned per CDC/EPA COVID guidelines and will have hand sanitizer available.
- PSE will open windows and doors where possible to promote airflow as well as make sure HVAC systems are operating.
- Students are expected to bring a music stand every day.
- If a student exhibits COVID symptoms while at PSE, they will be set apart from the rest of the group and parents will be notified immediately.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if your student has tested positive for COVID. The student’s identity will be kept confidential.
- If a student, staff, artistic team or volunteer, tests positive for COVID, PSE staff will notify impacted families immediately. The infected person is expected to follow Oregon Health Authority Guidelines regarding quarantine.
- If you are not feeling well, please notify email@example.com, and choose to stay at home.