Thank you for applying to the 2022 session of Portland Summer Ensembles. We’re excited to hear your audition. This page contains important information and instructions about your PSE Audition Video. Please read it carefully and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- View and understand the Audition Requirements on our website
- Before recording, read “Tips for a Successful Video Audition”
- Record your audition all in one continuous video with no breaks or edits. Videos submitted with multiple links or breaks between elements may not be considered.
- One short piece, or concerto or sonata movement.
- Please prepare both excerpts listed for your instrument below:
- Violin – Mendelssohn String Quartet Op. 44 no. 1 1st Mvmt (Vln 1): Beginning to downbeat of Letter A: Mozart String Quartet K465 2nd Mvmt (“Andante Cantabile”): m. 45-56
- Viola – Smetana String Quartet 1st Mvmt: Beginning to downbeat of m. 37; Beethoven String Quartet Op. 59 no. 3 4th Mvmt (“Allegro Molto): Beginning to downbeat of Letter B
- Cello – Schubert String Quintet in C Maj Op. 163 1st Mvmt (Cello 1): m. 35-79; Haydn String Quartet Op. 20 no. 4 1st Mvmt: 6 before Letter G to 16 after Letter H
- Piano – No excerpts
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Set your video privacy settings to “unlisted.”
- The title of your video should follow the format: “[Name] – [Instrument] – PSE 2022 Video Audition”
- Leave the description and tag fields blank.
Email a link for your video to email@example.com by
March 14th, 2022 March 31, 2022 – Deadline extended! In the body of your email, please include the name of the student auditioning as provided on the application form, a parent name and a parent email and the video link. See example below:
For questions about PSE or your audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to seeing you this summer!